Sunday, May 26, 2013

My thoughts on the turmoil in Europe

This week has seen a lot of turmoil in Europe. I'm going to make my one and only comment on it: 
There are three groups of non-Muslims:
1) Dhimmis who live alongside us in Muslim countries and pay tax to the Muslim government. Rasoolillah (saws) said that their blood is as our blood and their properties (are to be protected as) our properties.
2) Non-Muslim rulers who believe in freedom of religion, and allow everyone to practice their own religion.
3) Non-Muslims rulers who do not allow freedom of religion, and who are destroying monasteries, churches, synagogues, and masjids. Under this tyranny, Muslims have two options: flee to a Muslim country (which is preferred), or stay and fight to protect the places of worship.
ONLY AGAINST THE THIRD GROUP CAN A LEGITIMATE JIHAD BE WAGED. Muslims in Europe are not having their masjids destroyed; dear brothers, you are creating a pretense for the masjids to be destroyed!!! Cease these activities at once, because they are not a proper jihad. 

6 comments:

  1. Can you cite me a source on this like the Quran or a narration of the Prophet? Don't think I'm doubting you, but I'm trying to learn this stuff and find references in the Islamic sources. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their blood is as our blood and their possessions as ours
      Hadith/ Ibn Qudama (pp 271-2)
      That's the best I could find. I learned it from Maulana Mohammad Sindhi's series about the four caliphs on edars.com.

      Delete
  2. Why is there no group for non-muslim citizens in non-muslim societies, especially since you are supposedly talking about Christian dominated Europe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's covered in groups 2 and 3. Only group 1 talks about non-Muslims in Muslim societies.

      Delete
    2. You only referred to non-muslim "rulers" in those groups. Was it just an oversight?

      Delete
    3. I copied and pasted the categories from a book about Umar Farooq (ra).

      Delete

Please comment! Keep in mind to be respectful, though. I don't have enough time in my day to deal with people who are just going to curse.